Frogmore Junior School was last inspected by OFSTED on 4-5 May 2016. Overall, HM Inspector found that Frogmore Junior School ‘Requires Improvement’, but is making good progress.
There is much to be proud of in the report which acknowledges the significant improvements made by the leadership team and staff since the predecessor school was placed in Special Measures. In particular, we are delighted that the Inspectors recognised that pupils’ personal development, behaviour and welfare is ‘Good’ and identifies the school’s work in this respect as a strength.
The key findings endorse that:
- Leadership has stabilised and is focused on essential improvements
- There is a ‘straightforward system’ for monitoring of pupils’ progress effectively
- Pupils’ reading, writing and mathematics have improved
- Teaching is increasingly strong
- Teachers use a wide range of strategies, including scientific investigations, which enthuse and inspire pupils
- Pupils are polite and co-operative and behave well in school
- Pupils show increasingly keen attitudes to learning
- The school contributes well to the development of pupils' appropriate multicultural and inclusive attitudes
- Arrangements for safeguarding are effective
- Support for pupils with special educational needs or disability is compassionate and skilful
- Governors keep a sharp focus on the standards attained by pupils and have a realistic view about the school's growing strengths and those areas which still require improvement
- The school benefits from strong, effective support from the University of Chichester Academy Trust
We all recognise that there is still much to do and are working to make the improvements needed. We do encourage you to read the report in full which is available here.
Parents are warmly invited to give their views on our school via ParentView on the OFSTED website: https://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/