At Frogmore Junior School, children are at the heart of our school community.
As a school we value the thoughts, ideas and opinions of all our children and the School Council is one way of ensuring the voice of the children is heard and has an impact on the development and daily life of the school.
The School Council is made up of representatives from Year 3 to Year 6. In September and February those children who would like the opportunity, prepare a speech to their class saying why they should be voted in to represent them. The children will then have a chance to question them and then vote for the two representatives from each class, to be part of the School Council.
What will be expected of the school council representative?
They will be responsible for the ongoing process of collecting the thoughts, ideas and opinions of the children in their class and reporting back to the Council so that all children in our school can have their say
They will bring new ideas forward as to how we can improve our school and local environment
They will sometimes come to the meetings with ideas of fund raising for the school and for other local or national charities
They will identify the priorities and lead the initiative to enhance what we do as a school
We want to make sure that our school is:
a safe and happy place for children
a place where children can voice their concerns
a place where we encourage all children in the school to suggest improvements
a place where suggestions or concerns are listened to and acted upon
Some of the great things the school council have done so far!
- Introduced the behaviour ladder across the school
- Introduced circus skills for break time and lunchtime play
- Tasting session with the school cookoutcomet come of this is our amazing street menu
- The school council aguseto using one of the empty classrooms as a computer suite
- Said "No to Poverty" following a very successful bag for clothes recycling scheme
- More Privacy for those pupils in year 6
- Professional training for sports leaders