What is Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium grant is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England. It’s a school-level grant that gives schools extra resources to help them meet challenges, including those arising from deprivation.
It’s allocated for schools to:
- Improve the academic outcomes of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities
- Close the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers across the country
Frogmore Junior School Pupil Premium Online Statement
Frogmore Junior School receives funding for each disadvantaged pupil and uses the funding flexibly, in the best interests of each eligible pupil. GLF leaders draw upon an evidence based approach to apply a ‘tiered’ approach to delivering their pupil premium strategy.
Tier 1: Improve Teaching
- Schools arrange training an professional development for all their staff to improve the impact of teaching and learning for pupils.
Tier 2: Academic support
Schools should decide on the main issues stopping their pupils from succeeding at school and use the pupil premium to buy extra help.
Tier 3: Wider approaches
This may include non-academic use of the pupil premium such as:
- School breakfast clubs
- Music lessons for disadvantaged pupils
- Help with the cost of educational trips or visits
- Speech and language therapy
Schools may find using the pupil premium in this way helps to:
- Increase pupil’s confidence and resilience
- Encourage pupils to be more aspirational
- Benefit non-eligible pupils
A longer-term strategy
Frogmore Junior School takes a longer view of the support the grant provides. Leaders plan the use of the grant to support children as they pass through the whole school to the next stage of their education/destination. We do this by aligning our pupil premium strategy with our wider school improvement planning.
GLF’s Aspiration for all children to Grow, Learn and Flourish
All GLF schools are committed to our core remit of providing an outstanding education experience. Raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils is part of our commitment to help all pupils achieve their full potential.
We aim for:
- All children to enjoy their learning, attain high outcomes and be helped to become confident individuals and responsible citizens whilst making excellent progress in all respects.
- All children to benefit from an inclusive ethos, excellent teaching ad a broad and balanced curriculum underpinned by strong leadership in a local school.
- All children to be supported and encouraged to lead healthy and active lives.
Accessing the Pupil Premium funding at Frogmore Junior School
Funding is allocated to the school based on an annual basis. It is important that if you think your child is eligible for pupil premium support, you must contact the school office for more information. Individual requests for financial support based activities are considered by the Head Teacher. Requests can be made via the school office.